Full-time position of a postdoctoral researcher at the Institute of Theoretical Physics Division of Elementary Particle Theory
THE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY
OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WROCŁAW
announces an opening for a full-time position of a postdoctoral researcher
at the Institute of Theoretical Physics
Division of Elementary Particle Theory
in the following research fields:
- Nuclear-, particle- and astrophysics
- Quantum statistics of strongly interacting many-particle systems
- Physics of the hadron-to-quark matter phase transition
The appointment is to start no sooner than June 1st, 2020, under the NCN grant OPUS 17 2019/33/B/ST9/03059 “Neutron stars: birth, structure and mergers”. The position is for 24 months, with the possibility to be extended up to a total of 36 months. The monthly gross salary will be about 8.300 PLN/month.
The candidate must have obtained a PhD degree in physics not more than 7 years prior to this employment and should have a strong background in quantum field theory and/or quantum statistics of strongly interacting many-particle systems in order to develop equations of state with hadron-to-quark-matter phase transition as inputs for the envisaged applications in supernovae and rotating proto-neutron star simulations. It is expected that the candidate will work closely with members of the division of Elementary Particle Physics who's expertise is at the forefront of high-energy particle physics phenomenology including the physics of heavy-ion collisions and compact stellar objects.
- Professional curriculum vitae.
- Statement of research interests and experience.
- List of publications.
- Copy of the PhD certificate.
- Two reference letters from experts in the candidate's research area.
- Declaration that in case of employment the University of Wrocław will become the unique affiliation of the candidate.
- Declaration „I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of organising and conducting the competition procedure and sharing information on its results. I acknowledge that the University of Wrocław (Uniwersytet Wrocławski, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wrocław, is the controller of my personal data. I am aware that data submission is voluntary, however, necessary to implement the objectives for which the data have been collected (in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on personal data protection, Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000)”
All documents should be submitted electronically not later than April 30, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates will be informed about the results of the recruitment process till May 11, 2020. In case there are no eligible candidates, the vacancy may not be filled.